07-04-08 Independence Day in Iowa

Very LONG post!!!
For the 4th of July we went to Iowa. Here the kids got to do some body art. Ack!! Cover your eyes he's half naked!!! Now if you know Kidlet #1 well you know he gets easily embarrassed and this was a sock for me to see him so comfortable without his shirt on :)
Kidlet #2 painting a very large flower on my leg :)
Kidlet #1 painting a heart on my other leg :) Kidlet #2 painted ocean waves on his leg :)
This is our host Mr. L
Daddy got caught by Kidlet #2. Can you tell he is thrilled to have a flag painted on his arm, LOL!!
NS got a flag painted all across his face by his cousin :)
KK went up with us too. I love hanging around her :) And check it out, another picture of me!! I didn't realize it was my camera and I can't remember if it was MS taking the picture or someone else, LOL!!
Here is our annual family picture in the "gay" shirts as Hubby calls them. But I think we look nice. Notice how each adult matches their mini-me :)
Kidlet #2 with a sparkler. Of course after I took the picture I reminded him not to put it so close to his face.

I love catching Hubby laughing in pictures.
Here is NS and his cousin :) Aren't they too cute???
Big 'ol box of sparklers we took up and didn't even use, LOL!! However we used them the next night once we got back home.
Kidlet #1 with his sparkler


This one just doesn't learn!!
Awww how sweet :) me and my mini-me.
Notice that the halo is the wrong color???
Darn it. I take a picture of Hubby and he looks all ticked off.

So I tell him to smile and look what I get!

Mr. L's wife Miss D, SB and KV lead everyone in the national anthem before the fireworks begin.




My boys, how I love them!!!

OK click to enlarge these. They are not the best but some are cool looking :)



I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Iowa! We didn't do a dang thing for the fourth this year, didn't even leave the house, it was so nice and relaxing.

We sat on the kitchen table and watched all the fireworks out over the valley through the bay window then went to bed.

LMBO about DH and the not so smiley pictures. Maybe I should promise him a fish if he smiles for a photo =0P Somehow I don't think that will work on him, what do you think?