On January 28th, 2010, Kidlet #1 had his very first band concert. He plays the clarinet and is rather good. I say this because I have yet to have to wear ear plugs to try to cancel out the dying goose sound that I have been warned would result from a beginning clarient players attempts. We have never heard that goose's pleas in this household :) Thank Goodness!!!
He was so nervous the day before and all day Thursday. He even tried to get us to not go. He complained his stomach hurt both nights, he begged us to let him stay home, etc. I almost felt sorry for him, lol, but being the mean mom that I am I told him that we all had to go through this. I did every time I was on stage singing, but I told him that once I started everything was OK (well except for my graduation performance where all I wanted to do was cry). He just had to pretend he was in the cafeteria practicing. He over came all of his fears and later told me it wasn't too bad and that he played like a pro :)
If you decide to watch the videos look for Kidlet #1 here.

No comments:
Post a Comment