10-31-07 Halloween Fun!!!!


October 28th - Pumpkin Patch

I had asked the boys (simply to make it fair) if they wanted to carve a yucky, sticky, gooie REAL pumpkin or if they would rather do a clean plastic carvable pumpkin instead. Kidlet #1, being so much like his Daddy, asked Daddy if he was staying home so he could stay home to. He decided he would do the plastic pumpkin. So of course Kidlet #2 wanted to do what brother was going to do voted for the plastic pumpkin as well, but wanted to go with me to get them. So I load up Kidlet #2 to take him to Michael's to get the carvable pumpkins. As we leave our street he asks if we are going to the Pumpkin Patch. I said no that we were going to the craft store to get the PLASTIC pumpkins. He said he wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch instead. After groaning, cuz I hate getting sticky and I KNEW these two would just watch me do all of the work, I called Daddy so that he could get Kidlet #1 ready for the Pumpkin Patch cuz we would all go as a family :)


So here they are at the Pumpkin Patch down the road that we like to go to. Every pumpkin, any size, is only $5!! Of course Kidlet #1 posed for me to take his picture. He actually spotted the spot himself, situated himself properly and called out to me to take his picture!!! Ham????
Kidlet #2 wanted a tall, skinny pumpkin to carve out. For some reason the poor kid is obsessed with skinny, probably cuz everyone tells him he has a big tummy! Poor kid!!!
Kidlet #1 picked out this pumpkin, but it had a hole in it, so the search went on........
Of course Mom had to make them pose for this one :)

There was a big wagon full of pumpkins, so Daddy had Kidlet #1 look with him and they managed to find the perfect pumpkin!

Now, Kidlet #2, chose to have his brother get in this one with him so Mom could take a picture! Now get this, I thought there would be someone there to collect our $$ for the pumpkins, NOT!!!! I gather since it was a Sunday, they left a big wooden box with a slit for you to drop in your money!! Gotta love the country!!!

October 31st - Happy Halloween!!!!!

Now for the school Halloween parade :) Kidlet #2 looks so cute as a fireman with his firedog, Zuka. (Yes, I blurr out the other children's faces cuz I don't have their parent's permission to put them on the WWW)

Kidlet #1 wanted to be Pikachu! This child needs to realize his mother doesn't sew!!!! Since I didn't have a pattern I bought extra material so I could lay him on top of it and trace him. I did an exaggerated tracing because Pikachu is short and fat and my kid it tall and skinny!!! I even traced his head for the hat/ears, LOL!!! I thought it all looked goofy, but he loved it and that's what counts :)
Here is the back view. Too bad his teacher didn't tie it tighter.
After school I was thankful teachers didn't send homework, honestly I would have been mad because who send home homework on Halloween???!!!! We got home and I checked backpacks just in case and then I sat them down to decorate cookies I had baked earlier that afternoon for their afternoon snack. Kidlet #1 still had fuzz on his cheeks from the adhesive on this costume cheeks, LOL!!!


After snack I had them get their pumpkins (and Daddy) so we could start drawing faces and carving!! Kidlet #1 had a firm idea of how he wanted his to look.

Here I think Kidlet #2 was just drawing to imitate his brother, LOL!!
OK, Mom cut off the top, now you get to dig out it's guts!!! Granted mom and Dad still had to get most of the guts out, but it was too cute to hear Kidlet #2 say "Eeewwww we gada tay ow da GUTS!"
Kidlet #1 was a trooper though!!!!
Here Daddy helps carve Kidlet #2's pumpkin after much debate on how it should look :)

More GUTS!!
After all that was done, the kids got into their costumes (kids had been trick-or-treating the entire time we were busy carving pumpkins at 4:00!!) so we could head out to trick-or-treat. Kidlet #2 even had his "chopper" in this picture!! He loved that ax, LOL!!
Oh yeah, even Puppy dressed up!! I did too, but no one took a picture of that, LOL, for good reason!!!
Puppy had to go home early though because Kidlet #1's little girlfriend wanted to trick-or-treat with us and her dad had their doggy and Puppy doesn't like other dogs anymore :(
Oh, and here are the pumpkins!!! I didn't realize I hadn't take a picture of them yet, so I did it today, only to find that either Chip (the chipmunk that resides under our porch), or Peanut (the squirrel that Daddy feeds) decided to eat some of Kidlet #1's pumpkin! Kidlet #1's pumpkin is the one on the left (has a Bugs Bunny smile like he always has on his face) and Kidlet #2's is on the right.
I hope you all had a fun and safe
Halloween!!!!



No comments: