04-08 Through 06-08 National Little League

Both Kidlet's wanted to play baseball this year. I was really surprised that Kidlet #1 wanted to but he turned out to be in the top three for batting on his team and loving almost every minute of it! Kidlet #2, who I thought was the natural athlete was well, let's just say he would rather talk to his coaches in the outfield and pick flowers, LOL!!! Kidlet #1 played on the Minor II Astros and Kidlet #2 played on the Rookie (T-Ball) Reds. I was not prepared for the 2 practices a week at the beginning for each kid plus games!! Then with Daddy traveling through most of the season each kid had to miss some practices while the other played in a game. Thank goodness Daddy was home on the weekends for the times where both kids played at the same time on opposite ends of the field!! I loved being out there with them and of course I was one of the more vocal parents, LOL!! Should have been a cheerleader!!!
Here they are on opening morning. We had to be at the field by 7:30 and it was cold and drizzling!! Then I found out after being there that it was optional to go, LOL!!
Kidlet #2 couldn't see out of his helmet for the 1st half of the season, LOL! Then he got his own helmet and we learned to prop it up with his ball cap.
Kidlet #1 regularly made a base hit. We found out though that he had to wear his lucky batting gloves or he wouldn't make it to first base! It was really kind of funny, LOL! He lost one gloves at one point so I had to buy him a new set when we found out that we made it to the finals!! We couldn't have him getting out in the finals!!
During this game he got hit in the head with the ball as it was getting thrown infield and he ended up with a massive nose bleed. Of course this was the beginning of the season and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get all that blood off his shirt, but the spirits we with me and got them out, LOL!! He managed to make it back out to the game and make a double!
Both kids loved to play catcher. They thought it was the cushy job and not have to move! This is Kidlet #2 in over sized catcher equipment.
I swear after this game at the end of the season Kidlet #1 had the brightest smile on earth! We had made it to the second round of finals and found ourselves playing the first place team. We had pretty much a 1st year team, so we were in 8th place out of 10, but we had made it this far! We lost the game 5-8, but they played the best game of their lives. Alex got his second game ball for hitting a triple that gained 2 RBI's and getting a runner out at 2nd base the following inning that stopped them from scoring anymore on us. It was an exciting game and I had lost my voice after all the screaming and yelling.
Here is Kidlet #2 with his coach and his son after getting his trophy at closing ceremonies.
It felt like forever for Kidlet #1's closing ceremonies to start. They both had to be there by 7:30 AM because Kidlet #1 had his skills competition, which I missed because I was at Kidlet #2's closing ceremony, but Daddy was there to cheer him on.
Here is Kidlet #1 getting his trophy from his coach.
Kidlet #1 with is coach and his son.

Oh these following pictures should have come before the trophy pictures but oh well. Here is Kidlet #2 with my sunglasses in outfield. He would walk off the field to come complain that the sun was in his eyes right in the middle of an inning, LOL!! So I finally gave him my glasses so he would stay out there!
Kidlet #2's coach set up for his team to play the Majors top 1st place team who were in the finals. These older kids were great with the Rookies. Each Rookie hit and the older boys would over throw or miss the ball so everyone could make it home. The Rookies won and were so excited that they beat the big Majors.
Kidlet #2 deemed it necessary to slide (face first) into home plate during this mock game, LOL!!
Completely dirty but so proud of himself!!
The Majors even signed autographs for the Rookies then posed for a nice group picture.




1 comment:

Jeanette said...

LOVE the sliding into home picture, you need to frame that puppy and hang it in his room!

Congrats Kidlet #1 on a great season!