07-25-08 A Brat Bath

A little blurry, but Kidlet #1 was laughing too hard to take a clear picture as I tried to hold a wet Brat, LOL!! Kidlet #1 came up to me saying that Brat needed a bath. I rolled my eyes and dreaded that he was serious! So I looked up how to give a rat a bath on the web. It said to use the kitchen sink, filling up both sides with water, one to wash and one to rinse. So I filled up her little travel cage to dunk her in to wet her and lather her up with dish soap (this makes for one slippery rat!!!). In between laughing I was trying to tell Kidlet to take pictures. Well online it said that you could also rinse the rat under running water, just make sure it wasn't too hot. OK I have given kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, babies and kids baths so that could be too hard, right?? OK she really hated the running water, LOL! I was holding her right above the travel cage that was filled with water and the turkey slipped out of my hands and went head first into the cage full of water, LOL!! Now online it said to be careful not to get the head or ears wet! So now I am rolling with laughter (Brat probably didn't appreciate it much) and telling Kidlet #1 that we truly did have a "drowned rat". So here she is all soaked and temporarily wrapped in a towel. She escaped again onto my counter! I stuffed her into her travel bag that I had made for her and she stayed on my lap inside the bag until she was all dry. Talk about an adventure!!! The only reason I did this instead of letting Kidlet do it was for fear of her hating it and trying to bite Kidlet. Well at least I know she won't bite so next time it is HIS turn to give HIS pet a bath!!!

No comments: