07-29-08 Accidental trip to Madison, WI

As we were leaving the Zoo, my navigator broke down (Grandpa B, LOL). Since I never saw the exit we were suppose to get off on I can only figure that we were going the wrong way on the freeway. I finally stopped at a gas station to buy a map. I figured since we were going west we would hit something I recognized and just head south. Madison was only about 60 miles west of Milwaukee and I told Grandpa B that it would be fun to go see the state capitol of WI.
Above was the backside of the capitol building and below is the left side of it.
We walked down the street from where we parked on the left side of the capitol building and found an Unos Pizza place. Kidlet #2 ordered a build-it-yourself pizza :)

The waitress took it back to be cooked after he was done dressing it.Kidlet #2 wanted so badly to pose in this on the way back to the car!
The reason I don't have picture of the front of the Capitol Building and other side was that as we were leaving those two sides were blocked off by the police. I saw evidence markers on the street and sidewalk and we can only guess what might have happened! No wonder there were TV crews all around!

No comments: